What the Dots Represent
Each dot represents a Recovery contract, grant, or loan award.
The Map Colors
The colors of the map represent the amount of population diversity in a location, based on the ESRI 2009/2014 demographic data that summarizes racial and ethnic diversity in the United States. The Diversity Index measures the likelihood that two persons chosen at random from the same area belong to different race or ethnic groups. The index ranges from 0 (no diversity) to 100 (complete diversity). For example, the diversity score for the U.S. is 60, which means there is a 60 percent probability that two people randomly chosen from the U.S. population would belong to different race or ethnic groups.
What You Can Do on the Map:
- On the Diversity drop-down menu, choose to see awards by state or county.
- Choose a state from the drop-down menu, or enter your zip code to see the awards in a location. Information on the state or zip code is in the lower left-hand corner.
- Click on a dot to see the award summary.
- Search by recipient name or by topic (e.g., "university," "energy," "transportation").
- See projects Not Started, In Progress, or Completed projects by Award Type.