BETTER BUILT CONSTRUCTION SERVICES INC
Demolish and dispose of the existing metal roof system.
2. Install new 6 inch fiberglass batt insulation on the top of the ceiling in the attic space.
3. Install three (3) inch thick EPS board (rigid foam) insulation between the steel purlins and the top of the steel trusses.
4. Install new 2x4 sub-purlins over the existing steel purlins. The 2x4?s shall be installed with the four inch dimension perpendicular to the purlins. The sub- purlins shall be installed at sixteen inches on center and shall be attached to the purlins using clips/brackets. Glue laminated/engineered wood products may be substituted in lieu of dimensional 2x4 lumber provided the structural strength of the engineered materials meets of exceeds that of natural lumber.
5. Install new ¾ inch plywood decking to the sub-purlins. Plywood shall be installed using screw fasteners.
6. Install new 1x8 end rake boards. End rake shall be covered in sheet metal covering. The end rake detail shall be as the original except four inches taller
7. Install new snow and ice shield along roof edges, followed by thirty (30#) pound roofing felt and fifty year architectural shingles (COLOR TO BE SELECTED BY GOVERNMENT).
8. Install new fascia board and fascia metal. Fascia board shall be 2 x 8 pressure treated lumber.
9. Provide a twelve inch overhang on west side of building and Install vinyl vented soffit on underside of this overhang. On the east side of the building, install vents on the upper portion of the exterior wall where the wall and roof intersect.
10. Install continuous ridge vent (Cobra Coil or an approved equivalent) and ridge vent shingles.
11. Install new drip edge
12. Install new 6 inch ?K? style aluminum gutters and 3 x 4 aluminum downspouts. Gutters shall be installed using a concealed hanger fastener to fascia board with screw fasteners.