BETTER BUILT CONSTRUCTION SERVICES INC
1. Remove and dispose of the existing gravel ballasted built up roofing system to include gravel, roofing plies, insulation, base sheets, cants, nailers, crickets etc that are present on the roof sections.
2. Remove any residual base sheet from the concrete deck, prime deck and install a vented base sheet to roof deck.
3. Install pressure treated nailers along the perimeter of the roof deck. Cut kerf cuts of ½ inch in depth on the bottom of the nailer to facilitate venting of the roof system.
4. Install 3 inches of polyisocyanurate rigid foam board insulation to roof deck and a layer of ½ inch thick cover board over the insulation. Install crickets (with a ½ inch per foot taper) along the parapet wall between the scuppers and at the low points of the roof to facilitate drainage.
5. Install new cant strip around perimeter.
6. Install a fully adhered, torch applied APP 180 modified bitumen roofing system consisting of a 75 # base sheet and an APP 180 granular coated cap sheet.
7. Install base flashing around the perimeter of the roof along the parapet wall and below the windows.
8. Install new Philadelphia style flashing and counter flashing along the walls and parapet.
9. Install new vent pipe flashings.
10. Install new scupper liners, conductor heads and replace one drain bowl on the roof.
11. Remove and replace the 3x4 downspouts with new aluminum 3x4 downspouts, brown in color. Downspouts shall be connected to storm drain conductors/shoes as applicable. If no conductor is present, provide concrete splash blocks at those locations. Provide Splash Blocks on new roof where downspouts from upper roof discharge.
12. Install pitch pans at the location where the conduit passes through the roof for the original spotlights.