ARRA funds can be used for all of the activities authorized under the program statute. The Department has provided the following examples of activities that grantees might consider to achieve the objectives of the ARRA:
(1) designing or identifying and providing services to additional individuals who wish to transition from nursing homes to their communities;
(2) building long-term capacity by improving the technological core of the program, including, but not limited to, purchasing equipment, improving electronic network connections, and obtaining software in order to better serve consumers;
(3) training current staff in effective ways of providing assistive technology to consumers;
(4) training current staff on how to serve unserved or underserved populations, including minority groups and urban and rural populations;
(5) expanding information and referral and advocacy services to address the needs of consumers who were laid off and may need assistance replacing services or assistive technology previously provided through an employer; and
(6) providing professional development opportunities that have both short-term and long-term benefits to service provider staff.