The Department of Education will:
(1) conduct post-award conference calls to assist grantees with understanding their fiscal responsibilities and reporting requirements, with strengthening their project goals and objectives and with ensuring that their project measures are appropriate for reporting credible results on project interventions;
(2) hold a meeting for the directors and evaluators of each project to focus on evaluation-related topics and provide technical assistance on improving project-level performance objectives and measures;
(3) assign a technical assistance evaluation contractor to work with grantees on strengthening their evaluation plans and performance measures;
(4) conduct on-going check-in calls with grantees to discuss their progress toward implementing project goals, budget concerns, and statutory requirements, and conduct reviews of excessive drawdowns to track grantee expenditures;
(5) conduct site visits on an as-needed basis with grantees; and
(6) add special conditions to grants where there is a concern regarding progress on project goals and objectives or fiscal accountability or financial systems.