US Army Corps of Engineers - Formerly Utilized Sites Remedial Action Program Recovery Plan
The objectives of FUSRAP are to identify, evaluate, and remediate sites with radioactive contamination resulting from the following activities:
- Manhattan Engineering District (MED) activities,
- Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) activities, and
- similar sites added by Congress.
The program's objectives have four correlating outcomes and those outcomes have various performance measures. The outcomes are:
- To minimize risk to human health and the environment,
- To maximize the cubic yardage of contaminated material disposed at a safe and legal disposal facility,
- To return the maximum number of affected individual properties to beneficial use, and
- To have all remedies in place as quickly as possible within available funding limits.
No Data Available
Schedule and Milestones
All Recovery Act funds will be obligated prior to 30 September 2010. All work is expected to be completed prior to 30 September 2011. Additional information can be found at www.usace.army.mil/recovery.
|Complete remedial design activities at the Luckey Site, Luckey, OH).
|Removal of contaminated soil at the following sites (the expected completion date is listed after each site):
- Shallow Land Disposal Area, completed 30 December 2010
- Shpack Landfill, completed 30 September 2009
- Wayne, completed 30 September 2010
- Maywood, completed 30 September 2011
- St. Louis Airport Site Vicinity Properties, completed 30 September 2010
|Complete remedial investigation at the Sylcor Plant (Sylvannia Corning Plant, Hicksville, NY).
Projects and Activities
Activities include a remedial investigation, remedial design activities, contaminated soil remediation, and the installation of a DoD compliant security system and structures.
Cost and Performance Plan
Energy Efficiency Spending Plans
Program Plan Award Types
No Data Available